Sunday, August 5, 2007

Wheel Babes : Rebecca Camson



































Wheel Babes: Where do you call home?

Rebecca Camson: I have an apartment in Newport Beach, and also one in Los Angeles since I work primarily in LA.

Wheel: What is your national origin or ethnicity?

Rebecca: I'm Vietnamese and French.

Wheel Babes: As a teenager what were some of your interests? Were you into academics, athletics-sports, the band, choir, theatre-drama, the arts, sciences, cheerleading, the boys, some of the above, or all of the above?

Rebecca: All of the above! I was pretty active in high school. I played soccer, ran track, was a cheerleader, ASB member, did theatre-drama and was also Senior Class President.


















Wheel Babes: What personality trait or traits would your friends say best described you as a young girl: Mama's girl, daddy's girl, tomboy, bookworm, nerd, geek, flirt, tease, class clown, tattletale, brat, troublemaker, little miss goody two shoes, or little devil?

Rebecca: I'd say a hybrid between "brat" and "troublemaker." I was notorious for pouting and scheming until I got my way when I was younger. An incident that is still talked about among friends and family members was when I was 7 and decided to pierce my own ears after my mother repeatedly told me I couldn't get them pierced. Long story short, I infected both my ears and got everyone involved in a ton of trouble.

Wheel Babes: What made you interested in modeling and/or acting? How old were you when you first got started? Who or what was a key influence to your getting started?

Rebecca: I had a friend that was an actress on the TV show Colby's Clubhouse when I was younger. I thought it was so neat to see her on TV and I wanted to do the same thing she did. My first paid gig was a kid's musical production when I was 14, but I didn't pick up acting/modeling again until college when I was approached by an agent at a pageant that wanted to represent me for print/commercial. She got me everything from hair ads to voiceovers, and even an SCE commercial. She also got me involved in several indie projects and I got tremendous feedback from producers and writers who encouraged me to pursue my "hobby" fulltime. I recently just got representation for theatre so I'm really excited about things to come!